Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hillsboro Man Seeks Help in Locating Strange Water Source

Your organization sure has a helpful Website!   I live near Hillsboro in  a mobile home park (South Hills), adjacent to a large field with downhill slope.  I have a double-wide storage shed or garage and a double-wide divided concrete driveway.  Water has for a few years spurted up from the crack between the two sections.  We are on a community water system.  The water is not coming from my home (meter is not turning) and water is not coming from septic tank in back yard (cleaned and tested with dye).  The main water line for the area is across the street from my home.  The water flow was fairly small, but has picked up again as rain has increased.   My son has suggested that a person with water witch technique might be able to find the source.  Possibly a spring or coming down through a varmint hole deep in the dirt.   Can you give me any advice?  Many thanks.  Can send photos.

Nice to talk with you on phone. Photos are fresh, but not very good. I'm standing in front of driveway, looking west toward large field behind my house. Good luck


As usual I gathered the team. This time we took along our teacher as we had not done water witching in a while. When we pulled into the driveway it was quite obvious what the gentleman had been talking about. Bubbling up from the center of the driveway was nice flow of water that looked like a small fountain.

We began to walk around the house and investigate the land, soil, observing what we could. As we began to douse in the backyard we found three sources of water flowing down and under the garage.


Our solution was to put in a french drain across the back of the garage and down the side of the garage out to the street where there is a drain.
Rob and I standing in the front of the flow. Map of the water flow from the backyard French Drain Solution




We are waiting to hear from Ed as to how this all worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment