The Magical Properties Of Salt
Without exception, every civilization on Earth has very similar ideas about the magical properties of salt - namely that it absorbs psychic and negative energy and binds it into its own structure.My Mother and Grandmother taught me the use of salt to cleanse a home at an early age. During spring cleaning we would walk through the house and toss salt into all the corners of the rooms, leave it for 24 hours and then sweep it up and toss in down the toilet. When we moved to a new home as we did often as we were in the military my mom would toss salt into the moving van several hours before we began putting boxes in.
From the Roman Catholic rite of preparing holy water, which contains both water and salt to the Indian custom of using salt on wounds to draw away unhealthy spirits, and with evidence that salt has been used in just that way for as long as humans have employed magic, there is clearly a strong consensus and that tends to be simply based on truth, fact and experience.
Protection Against Psychic Phenomena
Salt has always been used as protection against psychic attacks, and to disable unwanted psychic phenomena.
Ordinary salt may be sprinkled across thresholds and around the perimeter of dwellings, inside and out;
Salt mixed with sand is used for forming magic circles;
Rock salt crystals can be added to "medicine pouches", carried in pockets or worn in a small bag about the neck.
Sprinkling salt around someone's bed protects from unwanted nighttime visitors and reduces the likelihood of unwanted spontaneous Orbs.
Please note: Salt dampens/draws ALL psychic energy forms - it doesn't distinguish between "good" or "bad" psychic energies. For active magicians and priests, it is therefore to be handled with care so that it doesn't inadvertently dampen their abilities and disturb their magical works. On the other hand, salt can be very successfully used to counteract overactive psychic emissions, such as in very young gifted children who are experiencing unwanted psychic phenomena, teenagers and women in menopause *temporarily*.
A Simple Example Of A Salt Spell - Spiritual House Clearing
This simple magic ritual demonstrates some of the main points of using salt. It is easy to do for anyone, and makes a big difference to a home, and its occupants, but most of all to the magician who performs this spell.
1. Find a beautiful glass bowl of any size. In psychic workings, the physical size of an object really does not matter - a huge bowl won't do any more than a small one. Psychic energy absorption is not like filling a suitcase!
2. Fill the glass bowl with salt - simple cooking salt or pretty rock salt, it matters not.
3. Place the bowl with the salt near the hearth of the home - the center of the home. In some houses, that is in the kitchen; in other homes, it can be the sitting room, or perhaps a den where everyone gathers. You know where your hearth is.
4. Leave it there for three days.
5. On the third day, take the bowl and the salt somewhere where you can release both the physical salt as well as the psychic attachments it has absorbed. You can throw this salt into a river, or a fire, or simply into a sink with the tap running. As you empty the bowl (you can do this a handful at a time), tell the salt about your worries and troubles and your fears, your negative thoughts. It will take those as well and while you're there.
6. Re-fill the bowl and replace it near the hearth.
7. From now on, empty the salt bowl once a week to keep your home free of harmful energy under normal circumstances; or more often if there is extra stress, as you feel is right.
You will notice a distinct improvement in the atmosphere of your home within a few days.
Salt For Purification
With salt's extreme ability to draw away remnants of psychic energy, including "ghost manifestations" of many different kinds, salt has always been used for psychic clearing and for purification.
Magicians and priests routinely prepare for ceremonies by taking a bath, which contains salt as one of the main ingredients;
Magical objects and crystals are cleansed by immersing them in salt water;
Bowls of salt may be placed into a room to absorb negative energy or psychic energy disturbances;
Throwing salt is generally regarded as a device to clear the aura of a person or an environment of leftover psychic energy.
A box containing salt can be used to purify anything that is placed upon it;
Crystals placed on a bed of salt or on a saltbox require less, or no clearing at all.
It is easy to make your own scrubs for cleansing and I use them all the time when I come home from doing a house clearing. Here's the recipe I use.